Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

D

Darrell

Hi
I am new to this forum I have been tiling for 20 years. 2 years ago I pulled away from tiling so out of touch on pricing. I am in Dartford Kent so I just need to know what tilers are charging. Cheers

O

Old Mod

Well @Darrell...... what can I say!
This is the only post if it's kind that exists, started by the forum owner.
If you can use this thread as a yard stick then please do, just be sure to check the dates in the bottom left corner.

D

Dumbo

Hi All
I'm in the southwest. I agree pricing is difficult. I generally charge £20 m2 for walls, ceramic or porcelain and £25 for the floors, I don't charge extra for porcelain. I do £30 m2 for natural stone on walls and £35 for floors. mosaics £45 m2, victorian tiling £65 m2. I always add a square meter for window reveals or niche. kitchen splash back's I normally do on a day rate £135 a day. I don't charge for cutting holes, installing tile trim or siliconing. Every job is different, no parking and 120 stairs to climb with all the kit, or outside parking and the tiling job on the ground floor, some you win some you lose.
I do floors cheaper than walls . It's just they are easier and I get more done.

S

Spare Tool

Every individual job in every town is different..just lost a floor I priced up at £20pm for 35 m which is cheap, 600x600's, could have done it in three days proper graft, but I thought £450 at day rate ridiculously cheap (£13pm) so went in at £700...
"too expensive, my sons going to do it" good luck with that ;)

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Every individual job in every town is different..just lost a floor I priced up at £20pm for 35 m which is cheap, 600x600's, could have done it in three days proper graft, but I thought £450 at day rate ridiculously cheap (£13pm) so went in at £700...
"too expensive, my sons going to do it" good luck with that ;)
Some people don't know what they are looking at, it'll end up looking like a split faced job!

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen