Search the forum,

Discuss Grout too pale... Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a grout far paler than originally suggested. Was going to be dark grey. The one they've used matches the tiles really well, so looks great, but as this is a high traffic area, I'm really worried about grout discoloration happening quite quickly. Should we regrout (a huge job I imagine!), or are there any other measures we can take? Sealing?

Thank you 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_134541.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 29

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a grout far paler than originally suggested. Was going to be dark grey. The one they've used matches the tiles really well, so looks great, but as this is a high traffic area, I'm really worried about grout discoloration happening quite quickly. Should we regrout (a huge job I imagine!), or are there any other measures we can take? Sealing?

Thank you 🙂
Seal it every six months or 12 months or you can stain the grout to a darker color. It is doable. Good luck!

Reply to Grout too pale... Help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen