Search the forum,

Discuss Brick Bond (Metro) advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

Zub

Hi all,

First time tiler. Decided to tile the kitchen after a fire destroyed the old one.

I need a bit of advice as to which layout I should use for the pipe which has been boxed in.

Do I ignore the bond on the arch, split each side of the boxing into half and brick bond? Or do I continue the bond from the archway? If so, how? I've attached a few sketches below. Sketch 3 looks the most appropriate to me, however that would go against what I have on right corner.

Help!

Thanks in advance

lEFYJwE.jpg

oobnl41.jpg

Q

Qwerty

I personally would do the same as @Andy Allen suggested. Some layouts although looking wrong, will look right.....

.....if that makes any sense!!??

Z

Zub

Many thanks for your prompt responses

Plan Tec/Andy/Sean/Localtiler

Does this look better?

GlcCocp.jpg

I forgot to mention one thing, the 'boxing is' 24cm x 24cm, so it wont be a 'full tile' as such. Dont think I can avoid cuts no matter what. I've got plenty time tho so I dont mind.

Reply to Brick Bond (Metro) advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen