Search the forum,

Discuss What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Maybe I'm doing 7-8mm deep then, spoze by the time I've stuck the 6mm insulation board strips as guides, the glue and sticking it on the ufh mesh could raise the strips a mill or two, since I've been doing it this way I consistently get 1.5m per bag..

L

LM

Andy your not far out at all with that measurement, you’re better looking at materials than looking for them in my book.

F

Flintstone

I always used to work to 2m per bag but these days I think 1.5 is probably more realistic, your better pouring more than trying to scrimp to the minimum.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wow. I've only ever just gone over the 4mm wires. The tail end of the cable is buried in the substrate so is under 4mm. I've never gone above 5mm on the SLC. Don't forget BAL level max is a 25k bag. However, I will on future calculations use more. Most of my work is much smaller areas so I'm not buying in bulk. Nice idea about sticking down insulation board as a guide.

Reply to What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen