Search the forum,

Discuss What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Graham

TF
Reaction score
I'm panicking a bit now as I have a length of this, from Genesis, please see attached. Do I not bother using it in the internal corners? Shall I mitre the tiles instead in the corners?

Genesis Internal Corner Trim.jpg

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Also, this is the external corner trim I have.

Shall I use that instead in all corners, both internal and external then?

I crossed out the wall on my atachment as that doesn't apply in my case, I will move the profile slightly to the right to sit flush with the left wall, if you see what I mean.

DIY gets me excited but when a pro says you doing wrong I start panicking! :(

Genesis Corner Trim.jpg

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So with metros. Pick the centre of your main wall. Usually a cooker hood area. But in your case it’s a sink. If that is centred between the two wall units then find the center of that. Tile from that line off the counter top.

F

Flintstone

I'd say 99% of metro jobs done by professional or diy get the tiles butted up in the internal corners same as any other internal tile corner and siliconed after.

Graham

TF
Reaction score
Great thanks. Mate is coming round on Friday to help fit the worktops, the base units are all level.

Do I need to batten, from the starting point, I am guessing no?
Also (and forgive me) do I leave the T spacers in the wall and grout over them or pick them out?

Reply to What size T spacers for metro style tiles (10cm x 20cm) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen