Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

this the job with the strange dark stains on tiles.
Ats advised correctlty that this is romanian limestone.
Have worked out now that it could be the diesel heaters on site. still to find a cleaner that works .
making a feature around a circular table with a steel decorative grate set within a frame underneath.
here are a few pics of work in progress.
a very old compass brought in by an old friend and employee of mine made the setting out much simpler.
a bit of batten and masonary nail to scribe a groove in loose laid stone to set outer radius.
made a template for inside radius and cut oversized.
loose laid the ring to hold steel grate and then marked around perimeter.
ring and grate not total perfect circle so better to do this way.a simple design but nice feature to circular table and grate that client had been keeping in garage for tweny years waiting for a new kitchen !!

Attachments

• 2014-04-18 08.59.25.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 86
  • 2014-04-22 09.49.11.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 2014-04-22 10.14.05.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 2014-04-22 11.21.52.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-04-22 11.47.23.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2014-04-22 14.01.19.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 2014-04-22 15.34.44.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
this the job with the strange dark stains on tiles.
Ats advised correctlty that this is romanian limestone.
Have worked out now that it could be the diesel heaters on site. still to find a cleaner that works .
making a feature around a circular table with a steel decorative grate set within a frame underneath.
here are a few pics of work in progress.
a very old compass brought in by an old friend and employee of mine made the setting out much simpler.
a bit of batten and masonary nail to scribe a groove in loose laid stone to set outer radius.
made a template for inside radius and cut oversized.
loose laid the ring to hold steel grate and then marked around perimeter.
ring and grate not total perfect circle so better to do this way.a simple design but nice feature to circular table and grate that client had been keeping in garage for tweny years waiting for a new kitchen !!
Very nice!

J

jonnyc

just been back to the church floor we finished about a year ago . i have been told that the floor has only been washed once in that time !! in which case it is looking pretty good still.
few pics of how the finished article looks now.
i dont think i showed many pics of the finished church before just the floor laying process.

2013-01-28 09.49.27.jpg 2013-02-01 13.56.58.jpg 2014-04-23 15.42.16.jpg 2014-04-23 15.42.24.jpg 2014-04-23 15.42.36.jpg 2014-04-23 15.42.53.jpg 2014-04-23 15.43.01.jpg 2014-04-23 15.43.12.jpg 2014-04-23 15.43.58.jpg 2014-04-23 15.44.44.jpg 2014-04-23 15.44.53.jpg 2014-04-23 16.01.28.jpg

J

jonnyc

there may seem to be some dodgy cuts but there is a logic to all of it if you could see the layout drawing we had to fix to.
got another one to quote for now in london.
whole different religion and and lay out design.
very intricate design utilising 5 different marbles .
very interesting work but also very difficult to cost

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
just been back to the church floor we finished about a year ago . i have been told that the floor has only been washed once in that time !! in which case it is looking pretty good still.
i dont think i showed many pics of the finished church before just the floor laying process.

Gives me a hard on each and everytime! Love it!!!

M

Mr Tiler

would genuinely appreciate the process more than the outcome mate not a judgement it looks great ;)

J

jonnyc

would genuinely appreciate the process more than the outcome mate not a judgement it looks great ;)
Ash I have posted loads on this job about how we went about doing job.bit boring to repeat.
Only reason for these pics was to show what us like a year down the line and also with all furniture back in church.

J

jonnyc

latest pics of staircases.
these actually look ok , rest of flooring been a disaster

199.jpg 202.jpg 195.jpg

S

streaky

Lovely choice of stone and the tiling looks great.

R

rainsco

pool01.jpg pool02.jpg pool03.jpg pool04.jpg pool05.jpg pool07.jpg pool08.jpg pool09.jpg

helped out a paviour friend for a pool cover. contact me friday morning and i start with produktion on friday midday. a friend of mine bought lately the big bridge saw and imported some china g654 slaps. so we cut it out together and i make the radius things with diffrent grinders. make the edge with easy bevel and on saturday afternoon i set it with a bulgarian worker. .. its an international projekt. first time we use the saw from italy. the self imported stone from china, my new (16year old) fiat ducato, the bulgarian worker and i the german post it in uk :). the customer was happy, on monday comes the tophall of the pool and during we make the cover he filled it up..

J

jonnyc

View attachment 58392 View attachment 58394 View attachment 58395 View attachment 58396 View attachment 58393 View attachment 58397 View attachment 58398 View attachment 58399

helped out a paviour friend for a pool cover. contact me friday morning and i start with produktion on friday midday. a friend of mine bought lately the big bridge saw and imported some china g654 slaps. so we cut it out together and i make the radius things with diffrent grinders. make the edge with easy bevel and on saturday afternoon i set it with a bulgarian worker. .. its an international projekt. first time we use the saw from italy. the self imported stone from china, my new (16year old) fiat ducato, the bulgarian worker and i the german post it in uk :). the customer was happy, on monday comes the tophall of the pool and during we make the cover he filled it up..
Looks great.we call the edging pieces pool copings.
what is the name of the stone.
I like the large compass . Can't find a big one anywhere over here in uk..do you know where I can buy even in Germany and what is largest radius.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen