Search the forum,

Discuss UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

1 years after your course how many are tiling full time .how do you support them after the course to get work .how offtern do you go out on site to see there progress .how many tilers do you call to get them to work with free of charge after you course to see how it realy is

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I thought i made myself clear before about what we do and the intensity and level of training i deliver but obviously not as there is always someone else to have a go. I offer a full backup aftercare service as the people i have trained will know, they can ring me, email, contact me in anyway any time after they have left and they will have a lightning response to their question.

I train people from all over the UK, Europe and as far as Australia so going visiting them all after they have finished is unrealistic as for calling tilers to see if they will take someone free of charge well this is totally unrealistic as well, we are not just training the odd person and like i said people travel from all over the place to come to my training. Even if i was to spend hours ringing around trying to find a tiler to take just 1 person on free, how good is that tiler, i stated before there are a lot of people tiling out there doing great work but also very substandard work so would that particular tiler be a good role model. I think not.

I see you do a 1 day course showing people a demonstration of how to deal with your porcelain product only. We are a totally different concept to you, we give people a full understanding of starting a career as a tiler with every background and every different type of tile from there its over them to pave there own way in the world like every other tiler had to, start off and build and learn along the way. My aftercare gives them that bit more confidence where they have someone to trust and talk to if they need it.

What would be the point of this forum if everyone knew everything, i bet there are experienced tilers that have still learned things from some of the topic on here.

I am done wasting my time answering these kind of questions on this post which was only to show what standard from nothing you can get to in a short time on our course. I have made myself quite clear what we teach as a tiling training facility. If you don't like short courses then thats your opinion, and if there were none where do you learn this trade, from a tiler that maybe good or not so good, even so, does he have the time to teach you and let you practice on his customers walls, I think not.

R

I thought i made myself clear before about what we do and the intensity and level of training i deliver but obviously not as there is always someone else to have a go. I offer a full backup aftercare service as the people i have trained will know, they can ring me, email, contact me in anyway any time after they have left and they will have a lightning response to their question.

I train people from all over the UK, Europe and as far as Australia so going visiting them all after they have finished is unrealistic as for calling tilers to see if they will take someone free of charge well this is totally unrealistic as well, we are not just training the odd person and like i said people travel from all over the place to come to my training. Even if i was to spend hours ringing around trying to find a tiler to take just 1 person on free, how good is that tiler, i stated before there are a lot of people tiling out there doing great work but also very substandard work so would that particular tiler be a good role model. I think not.

I see you do a 1 day course showing people a demonstration of how to deal with your porcelain product only. We are a totally different concept to you, we give people a full understanding of starting a career as a tiler with every background and every different type of tile from there its over them to pave there own way in the world like every other tiler had to, start off and build and learn along the way. My aftercare gives them that bit more confidence where they have someone to trust and talk to if they need it.

What would be the point of this forum if everyone knew everything, i bet there are experienced tilers that have still learned things from some of the topic on here.

I am done wasting my time answering these kind of questions on this post which was only to show what standard from nothing you can get to in a short time on our course. I have made myself quite clear what we teach as a tiling training facility. If you don't like short courses then thats your opinion, and if there were none where do you learn this trade, from a tiler that maybe good or not so good, even so, does he have the time to teach you and let you practice on his customers walls, I think not.
after care is very important i am happy to see you give this the same importance as the training .many dont .you could take an add out in the tsj asking tilers if they would like
a week s free help from a finished trainee .

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i personally deliver the training as its my company and the reason we have so much positive feedback is because my students know i am doing everything i can to help them succeed, and support them to the max which is why the course has run successfully over the last 13 years,

I have dealt with a lot of product companies over the years who have wanted to work along my training course as they see it as if they understand the correct products from the start they will use them when they get out in the field, BAL very kindly supplies us with adhesives, Impey and Marmox give us aqua trays to play with, Under floor heating mats, Dural decoupling systems, i don't mind bringing and educating students about these products as it all adds to the weight of the course i deliver, I was showing some of the learners your porcel Thin products and how to cut them only the other day, It was on a you tube video however as i didn't have the actual product to do a live demo

R

hi Darren i hope you dont take this the wrong every day we learn and move on and tilling is moving on
i would like to help you with whats going on in the tiling world.if you would like to come down for some
training on the large thin formats to pass on .no problem you can take back with you free cutters and thin tiles to teach with and the best ways to use them .i train between 4 to 8 tilers a week on thin format tiles
and talk to many more to get it wright .most already have 98% of the skills required we just help with the other 2%

T

Tile Shop

My Aunt mentioned the other day she has a friend in the Isle of Wight just recently done the 2 week course, and he loved it. Think his name's Greg, or Glenn..... something like that.

I still need to get myself booked on, but fitting it in between work is a real pain. But I will get there. Was advised I'd only need to do the 4 day + 1 day course because of my background. Got the alot of the theory, but need more of the practical.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi, his name was Glenn; he was a painter and decorator. The first week is full on learning under my instruction and doing all the practical challenges I set you, the 2nd week is standing on your own feet more and tiling more challenging situations, you would enjoy any length of course do did

Reply to UK Pro Tiling Training in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen