Search the forum,

Discuss tiler made a mistake tiling a wetroom tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

S

SpItal_Jeff

Oh dear oh dear. Not a professional that's for sure.
You won't know if the waterproofing even exists unless you take a tile up.
It's not done anywhere near properly so get him back!

I did the waterproofing so I know it exists. That isn't the question.

THE TILES SURROUNDING THE DRAIN NEED TO BE REMOVED. CAN THIS BE DONE WITHOUT DAMAGING THE TRAY? HOW?

O

One Day

I did the waterproofing so I know it exists. That isn't the question.

THE TILES SURROUNDING THE DRAIN NEED TO BE REMOVED. CAN THIS BE DONE WITHOUT DAMAGING THE TRAY? HOW?
Ok. Understand now. What tray is it and what did you waterproof with?

B

Blunt Tool

Some tiles are squint and lipped, the finish around drain is terrrible. He should have had the drain in situ to make sure it fitted and all cuts straight and even.

S

SpItal_Jeff

Take out the insert and carefully chisel then up.
To be frank, the job is so terrible I imagine they'll come up easily and that there is no effective waterproofing underneath anyway.

I did the waterproofing so I know it's there.

The stainless insert is just sitting on top. The plastic drain is an integral part of the shower tray and can't be removed or damaged.

S

SpItal_Jeff

Some tiles are squint and lipped, the finish around drain is terrrible. He should have had the drain in situ to make sure it fitted and all cuts straight and even.

Yes. He should have. But he didn't.

SO CAN IT BE FIXED WITHOUT DAMAGING THE SHOWER TRAY? How?

O

One Day

I can only offer my advice if you tell us what tray it is, and what you used to waterproof it?

S

SpItal_Jeff

Capitals now - someone is getting annoyed!
Remember we don't charge for advice and we have to know a bit of the background - allow us to enjoy the moment.

I know, but I just want to know if it can be fixed and about 15 posts in ams everyone telling me how bad it is no one is sayin yes it can or no it can't. Forums quite often seem to go off on a tangent away from the original problem specifics.

S

SpItal_Jeff

I can only offer my advice if you tell us what tray it is, and what you used to waterproof it?

Thanks. I don't know the make. It was a German made tasty from Wirral Bathrooms and Wetrooms, Merseyside Bathrooms & Wetrooms, Wirral Wet Rooms Design, Cheshire Wetrooms & Bathrooms, Liverpool - http://www.bathroomsandwetrooms.co.uk/. It is 1200x900 with a linear drain. The floorboards where covered with wet boards, I taped all seams, and painted a rubberized compound over the whole thing.

I tanked it but didn't risk tiling it in case I made a mistake. ...now I'm afraid I suspect it's all got to come up.

This is the waterproofing compound.

20170416_204534.jpg

Reply to tiler made a mistake tiling a wetroom tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen