Search the forum,

Discuss Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Ballymoney! There's two tile shops local to me that sell dunlop. When I got mapei gear before I got it in armatile on Boucher.
Your bound to be about Belfast now and again. In the scheme of things it's well worth the trip, just phone them and make sure they have the renovation screed there for you, as Gary says it's a super leveller

S

Spud

You need to deal with the carpet glue first have you got rid of it? You can alway grind it back with a diamond cup wheel as the renovation screed is not 2 part only water based and won't go straight over vinyl adhesive

S

Spud

Is there a F.Ball and co supplier near you ? Most carpet and flooring places use their products and some of their levellers are designed to go over carpet clue residue it may save you a trip

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
This all seems a hassle for a 2metre floor! Just go with the Dunlop, its on your doorstep and it'll work perfectly fine. Slurry, slc, Set Fast Plus addy is half decent gear. I know tilers in north Wales who won't use anything but Dunlop. Given the size of the floor, once your slurry is dry mix the full bag of leveller with 5litres of water and pour, let it flow and you're good to go.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help so far guys. It really is appreciated.
I think I'll hit armatile tbh, I liked using the mapei before and maybe I'll give the Mrs a trip around the shops whilst there!

Do armatile sell eco prime t?

I have the vinyl lifted n 80% of the glue scraped off, would a grinder with a wire wheel be OK to strip off the rest?

So to plan if I totally remove the glue?

Eco prime t floor
Renovation screed SLC
Prime again? Using?
Keraflex adhesive? ( do I need keraflex maxi?)

How does that sound?

There is no fball and co in n.Ireland as far as I can see

Rich Midge, thanks for the alternative suggestion but I think it would be nice to skip the slurry coat stage and using mapei I hope I can stick to same brand of primers/SLC/addy etc

S

Spud

Yes if you get the glue off that is good prep, you dont need to prime twice once the renovation screed has dried the surface is fine to go straight on with adhesive

L

LM

Phone Boucher and if they don't have it they'll bring the Eco prime t up from Armagh for the next day

F

Flintstone

What a load of faf and waffle here, if it's flat, it doesn't need levelling, make a slurry coat or buy one ready mixed , let it dry then tile it, easy as that. No need to put any leveller on it

Reply to Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen