Search the forum,

Discuss How can i improve my preparation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I’ve seen it at bal HQ on a training day, basically another version of hardie backer I think. But cuts easier.

W

Waluigi

“Water and Mould resistant”

Waterproof please if it’s on walls. Otherwise it’s pointless.

W

Waluigi

All foam boards are waterproof.

The likes of Hardiebacker, Aquapanel and the new Bal board, it seems aren’t waterproof.

ETAG 022 Part 1 says that all new builds must have waterproof boards in showers, or tanked. The Bal board is pointless IMHO. Develop a decent waterproof board instead, please

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The inner core of boards such as Wedi are waterproof i believe,
but the face is coated with cement which is not.
As this is the surface that the tiles are stuck to it can degenerate.

W

Waluigi

Can it?

I’ve never seen it.

You’ve got Orbrey, Wedi, Dukkaboard, Jackoboard, Marmox, all in the form of wet room formers that don’t require tanking on the face of the board.

All are considered ‘waterproof’

Reply to How can i improve my preparation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen