Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJPro

what's your timescale for the bathroom PJ, maybe we can address this first as it seems to be the priority at the mo
Thanks for your reply Doug. The work isn't going to really going to kick off until the house is secured....tomorrow! I've got a ton and a half of tiles, adhesives and grout arriving at the end of the week.

I suspect the plumber will start next week. He's got to fit a boiler and run pipework for the bathroom, downstairs toilet and the underfloor heating. He's also got to consider how he's going to tie into the existing house. A reckon it'll take him a week. I suspect the bathroom will be ready for a start next monday. I'll have a week to get the job done (including the fitting of the installation frames and wetwall).

G

Gazzer

OK, so lets assume and I think I'm right,your gonna tackle this, right first room being the bathroom, what are the walls and floor substrates ?

And how big is the room ? Sounds a lot of work to do in one week.

P

PJPro

but make sure it's in the TX range (imo)
I was intending to buy a cutter. Looks like the Rubi TX-700-N is the one to go for? How does the TX-700 (no N) differ to the TX-700-N? Is the N worth the extra?

I'm gonna have to buy the cutter tomorrow at the lastest, along with the (10mm) notched trowel, grout trowel, knee pads, etc, etc, etc.

G

Gazzer

I was intending to buy a cutter. Looks like the Rubi TX-700-N is the one to go for? How does the TX-700 (no N) differ to the TX-700-N? Is the N worth the extra?

I'm gonna have to buy the cutter tomorrow at the lastest, along with the (10mm) notched trowel, grout trowel, knee pads, etc, etc, etc.
Give Tradetiler.com Home a call and David will sort you out. order tomorrow and it will be with you the day after.

P

PJPro

And how big is the room ? Sounds a lot of work to do in one week.
The room dimensions.....

Approx 3m by 2m by 2.4m (LxWxH)

The substrates....

The floor of the bathroom will be moisture resistant chipboard sitting on top of joists at 400 centres. The chipboard (25mm?) will be topped with 6mm Hardybacker.

3 of the 4 walls are concrete block (the big soft white ones). The 4th wall is brick (it used to be the external wall of our house). There are no stud walls. The walls will be dry lined with plasterboard (12.5mm?).

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen