Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Hi and welcome. Yeah you can get your money back via your CC company. Give them a call and they'll send the forms out for you to fill in.

Not sure if Jim paid on a Credit Card to claim his money back or if he's an unsecured creditor as he paid by Debit card!
Able to - are new sponsors and they are in Dartford.

F

faithhealer

I think it still sucks that there are people like jim out there who have not been told. Anyone got danny ds phone number?

M

Max@ableskills

Hi Jim.

Sorry to hear you have suffered from the fallout of diamond training!
Click on our website www.ableskills.co.uk for tiling training or perhaps pop in and visit us as you are not that far away.

We offer weekend training and have had a few guys that had originally gone to diamond training to come and train at our facility, in fact i have one guy completing this week who originally went to diamond. I think some have left feedback on the forum.

Good luck

C

charliejamesuk

I completed at Able last week and can't recomend them enough. I don't even know why I bothered with Diamond in the 1st place!!

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here for a while - and found this really sad post about Diamond Training Centre at Ford. All those who booked and did not get their training before it went bust have my full sympathy - I was a customer of a computer company that went bust 20 years ago - lost £100's and thats not funny - bad news is you guys will wait months possible years for compensation that will be nowhere near what you are owed.

What I have not seen here is a tribute for the really excellent instructors at the Training Centre. Sam and Paul instructed me earlier in the year - they were top blokes, excellent instructors, and I feel sorry that they have got mixed up in this. Can't say Danny impressed me - always struck me as a bit of a wide boy (that is only my personal opinion), and I was not impressed with the way he treated his own staff. However, the training was excellent, and deserved the many accolades they got. I know there were some rumblings more recently - anyone who trained during the summer may have wondered how much longer the Training Centre would continue.

I hope those who have paid for training they have not received get something back - losing money when buying a computer is a pain - losing the chance to train in a trade you want to pursue and not being able to afford replacement training is tragic.

W

White Room

Haven't posted on here for a while - and found this really sad post about Diamond Training Centre at Ford. All those who booked and did not get their training before it went bust have my full sympathy - I was a customer of a computer company that went bust 20 years ago - lost £100's and thats not funny - bad news is you guys will wait months possible years for compensation that will be nowhere near what you are owed.

What I have not seen here is a tribute for the really excellent instructors at the Training Centre. Sam and Paul instructed me earlier in the year - they were top blokes, excellent instructors, and I feel sorry that they have got mixed up in this. Can't say Danny impressed me - always struck me as a bit of a wide boy (that is only my personal opinion), and I was not impressed with the way he treated his own staff. However, the training was excellent, and deserved the many accolades they got. I know there were some rumblings more recently - anyone who trained during the summer may have wondered how much longer the Training Centre would continue.

I hope those who have paid for training they have not received get something back - losing money when buying a computer is a pain - losing the chance to train in a trade you want to pursue and not being able to afford replacement training is tragic.

My thoughts exactly, I first met Sam about 11 years ago before he was tiling and then met him when I went to Diamond for a geometric course...Is was the blind leading the blind on that....
Eventually went to Harlow for the day to learn some correct setting out on the geo floor, was'nt charged for that.

I found that the old tiles that were stripped off the walls with adhesive on the backs were re-used as such.

I left a leather wallet for A4 note paper in the training area which was'nt cheap, phoned up when I got home and spoke to Zoe on the reception and asked that if they sent it I would pay the postage.
Nothing, then phoned again and realised it had a new owner, not best pleased.

Never left feedback because I probably would been ooft of the forum as he was a sponser, now I have had my say on the matter.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, I first met Sam about 11 years ago before he was tiling and then met him when I went to Diamond for a geometric course...Is was the blind leading the blind on that....
Eventually went to Harlow for the day to learn some correct setting out on the geo floor, was'nt charged for that.

I found that the old tiles that were stripped off the walls with adhesive on the backs were re-used as such.

I left a leather wallet for A4 note paper in the training area which was'nt cheap, phoned up when I got home and spoke to Zoe on the reception and asked that if they sent it I would pay the postage.
Nothing, then phoned again and realised it had a new owner, not best pleased.

Never left feedback because I probably would been ooft of the forum as he was a sponser, now I have had my say on the matter.

You wouldn't have done and to be fair to us. And to be honest mate I need the inside info from the customers of the sponsors more than I need the sponsors. So please do in future tell me anything you have an issue with regarding a sponsor as it could affect their sponsorship. The bottom line is Diamond we're paying their bills with us and announcing their growth only 2 weeks before the member notified the forum with this thread.

Nobody knew what was going on. But if enough people told me the truth I'd have worked out soon enough that we need to change said sponsor. Especially given the fact I've worked in the training side of things and really want to make sure we have the right firms with us and a good range of types of courses etc.

I do need the feedback though. And a member giving it would be thanked, not removed from the forum. You know that, right?

:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Fair comment Dan, did'nt really look at that way of thinking....

I just saw what the guys were going thru on the training side, who knew no better to be fair, and really was,nt happy with Dan....

Sam was good but the poor guy was asked to jump, he asked how high..

Just a bad episode.

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen