Search the forum,

Discuss Deflection issue with No More Ply down in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kevbos

Or strengthen the floor before you start to tile .like you should do over any floorboards .6mm ply is not sturdy enough .at least 12mm 18mm preferably should be used .and ditra was made for a reason

S

Stef

Or strengthen the floor before you start to tile .like you should do over any floorboards .6mm ply is not sturdy enough .at least 12mm 18mm preferably should be used .and ditra was made for a reason
Ditra wasn't made to take deflection!!

D

Deleted member 46792

I lived in Sweden too. They do a lot differently!

Ive been in again and looked at the bounce. You can definitely see the floor move but its mm rather than a cm. And im pretty big. And its in two small areas not all over.

Im going to try with the elastomeric adhesive. Thanks very much for all the help.

K

Kevbos

No but was made to help eradicate movement after preparing a floor properly

Good luck with the bal .just look up tiling overy floorboards .that 2mm will transfer into cracks

It will cost 100 pounds to strengthen floor why not just do that

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46792

Good luck with the bal .just look up tiling overy floorboards .that 2mm will transfer into cracks

aaargh...the 6mm NMP was supposed to do the job..as far as i understood 6mm NMP was supposed to do the job of 18mm ply...

D

Deleted member 46792

It will cost 100 pounds to strengthen floor why not just do that

You're probably right, ill sleep on it. I suppose the other concern is then the height increase between floor and hall...but that should be fixable with a decent threshold...

K

Kevbos

Yes as I said it's made to go over timber floors prepared properly .as timber contracts and expands .it helps the flexibility

Edp go buy a nice bit of oak same width as door liner use that to take out height difference

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

It's made to go over any substrate that is going to have any lateral movement in it.
I've heard too many people say that Ditra is a saviour to all problems, too many people think it's for bounce in a floor & if people see it being written like this then they will assume it is.

Reply to Deflection issue with No More Ply down in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen