Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prem Tiler

Re:The tilersforums.com.. Show us your work thread

Hello people. I went around to finish off a job I did for my sister in law today. I thought I would upload the pics here just so you can see that I've not forgoten every thing I learnt.
SAM_0251.jpg

SAM_0254.jpg

SAM_0253.jpg

SAM_0250.jpg

SAM_0249.jpg

SAM_0248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Noaksy

PIC 74 RS.jpg PIC 77 RS.jpg PIC 88 RS.jpg PIC 85 RS.jpg PIC 89 RS.jpg PIC 78 RS.jpg PIC 75 RS.jpg

Its only fair, i've been looking at others work on here, about time I put something up, heres a job I did last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GC-Terrazzo

How do you get photos up, i did it before but i cant remember how i did it.

Reaction score
P190411_13.04.jpg P050511_10.58_[01].jpg P050511_10.57_[01].jpg P200411_14.33.jpg P080411_12.26.jpg P070411_08.44.jpg P050511_10.58.jpg P050511_10.57.jpg

Here is an insurance job I did in May, I loaded the pictures in order of sequence, but they have uploaded in a total different order. Anyways, you can see the original problem they had with the wooden flooring - yep, dampness caused the floor to blow at least 2" lumps, it was like a trampoline, so I set to work and disposed of the wood to find one leaky diswasher union under the units, old tiles underneath, some were loose and removed, some old flaky screed, all in all took me 3 full days to prepare and screed. The yellow de-coupler is the new dural ci+. You may notice a slope on the door end of the room which had a drop of 200mm over 1.5 metres, so quite a challenge to get that covered without lips. I bullnosed and polished the tile ends in the doorways, so that no thresholds were needed. It's unfilled trav in bella opus design. :smilewinkgrin::thumbsup: They were well chuffed and I've now got their round the pond patio, bathroom and old part of the cottage reception room to do, the pond area in sandstone and the other rooms in trav:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Dave, the new ci was easier to fix because the edges didn't try to spring up at all, and it seemed to be easier to lay in a straight line if that makes sense (perhaps more stable), the older one seemed to want to stretch when flattening out, so all in all yes, better mate.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I haven't tried the new version yet and that was my gripe with the old mat that it used to try and spring up at the edges..so good news that it does want to lay flat.. lol:)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I would agree with that Ken, seems a little more rigid, as you say the old one tended to wander as you laid it:smilewinkgrin:

C

Colour Republic

Put some big red glass tiles up today all with silicone:smilewinkgrin:

Job not quite finished yet, floor still needs to be grouted, magic corners still to go in and some other last odds and sods but nearly there with this one.

hk1.jpg

hk3.jpg

hk4.jpg

hk6.jpg

hk8.jpg

hk10.jpg

hk11.jpg

hk12.jpg

hk14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen