Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MakenaTile

DSCN2112.jpg PINK ENTRY MURAL FOR SLIDE.jpg whole view.jpg close up of edge.jpg DSCN5117.jpg DSCN5113.jpg DSCN5119.jpg

these are a few of my latest jobs. The last is obviously unfinished in those pics. It's an outside shower- curbless. I ran the stone floor up the wall to make the space look bigger- It worked. Was a pain to set the floor tho because the drain was just 3/4" lower than the wood deck that the stone butted up against where you step in. 001.jpg here's the mural finished

Attachments

• small bop.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 107
W

White Room

Fantastic work Makena, what sort of tools do you use cut out for the leaves from the face tile..

R

rainsco

i like the entry mural.. very extraordinary in design and i never see things like this handcarved without a waterjet .

J

jonnyc

thanks for these links.
i will get in touch to see if ship to uk.
i need something strong , but simple and not too big for stone work in bathrooms and this first link could be answer .
i have other bigger cutters up to 1200mm ali manta italian , which are nice and light but the the legs have had it after only two years.
this meistergold fahrbahr looks good for transportation. do you have any problems with head moving and cutting offline as it is only sitting on a single rail.

M

MakenaTile

Fantastic work Makena, what sort of tools do you use cut out for the leaves from the face tile..

I use a Gemini Ring Saw.

However- I also do overlay murals- thin cut glued with epoxy to face of stone
sep 9 195.jpg DSCN3199.jpg paper thin yet 3D carved. Once the edge is grouted- your unable to tell that it's not cut in. The back of this turtle is from an 18"x18" piece of slate. Smaller turtles are made with a single piece of tile.

M

MakenaTile

well-I use a ring saw to cut the shapes out- and a Grinder to carve shape into it. On floors- has to be mostly flat- but on walls I like to do this 22 119.jpg floor mural 039.jpg the design is one I invented- the idea is there is no right side up- going in or out- it still looks like its facing the right way. It's my best invention! Works with bamboo as well.

M

MakenaTile

Entry_Tile_Mural_Tropical_Floor_Inlay.jpg this is the first multi-directional entry mural I made. All different shades of Travertine with slate flowers.

ENTRY_MURAL_PINK_MARBLE_LEA.jpg top view of the pink one. Its 8 ft wide!

J

jonnyc

adelaideplot1 049.jpg adelaideplot1 003.jpg adelaideplot1 059.jpg adelaideplot1 017.jpg adelaideplot1 008.jpg adelaideplot1 035.jpg adelaideplot1 037.jpg adelaideplot1 042.jpg adelaideplot1 022.jpg adelaideplot1 032.jpg adelaideplot1 030.jpg adelaideplot1 047.jpg adelaideplot1 048.jpg heres is the a project that has just been finished.
new build using mixture or porcelain and mother of pearl mosaic.
impey deck tray and tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen